Thursday, May 14, 2015

[Bout of Books] An Update and a Challenge

So, since it's been four days (how???) since Bout of Books began, I'm going to give a little over view of anything that has changed and how much I've read.

Updates:

Monday:
Started: Red Queen
Pages Read: 76

Tuesday:
Finished: Red Queen (review)
Pages Read: 244

Wednesday:
Started: Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda
Pages Read: 170

Thursday:
Finished: Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda
Pages Read: 133


Planning to Read:



These are all subject to change.



Challenge:

And today's challenge question is "Share one book that you believe will be considered a classic in 100 years time. Simple? I do have a few caveats, the book must have been published in or after 2005 and you need to provide two reasons for why this book will be a classic."

I know this is cliche, but the first thing that pops into my mind is Hunger Games.

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)

It's hard for me to not notice how dystopian novels are revered. Classics like Animal Farm and Anthem really emphasis this. They challenge something. They show the individuality that humans posses and really encompass the whole idea of social liberties. For this reason, I think the popularity that The Hunger Games gained will leave in etched into the history of our generation.

Another reason this one really hits hard, to me, is the that it seems like something that might be plausible. Stay with me here.  I'm not saying that the government is suddenly going to start sectioning us off, but does that not sound like something that happened? I hate to use it, but the Holocaust is a prime example. Segregation, to a lesser extent. Hatred and superiority complexes do things to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment